Behavior Modification/Behavior Problems
Most Owners Want A Dog That Is Easy To Deal With.
Most owners want a dog that is easy to deal with. Doesn’t chew or mess up in the house. No digging. Or biting. Or excessive barking. No destructiveness. And one that gets along with people and other dogs.
Sometimes It’s Not That Simple.
Unfortunately, life with our pet dogs is not always that simple. When Fido is not so easy, then we say he has “issues.” Behavior problems. And he’s in need of some Behavior Modification.
That’s where we come in. Behavior problems are our specialty.
Behavior modification focuses on changing existing behavior patterns by replacing inappropriate behaviors with more desirable ones.
- Positive reinforcement is the most effective method of behavior modification for your dog because it encourages desired behaviors while eliminating unwanted ones.
- Punishment should never be used as it can lead to fear and aggression in dogs.
- With consistent training and positive reinforcement we turn your “bad” dog into the dog you always wanted!
Aggressive dogs are dogs that feel threatened or have had bad experiences. However, with the proper training and positive reinforcement, aggressive behaviors can be modified.
- By using behavior modification techniques, we teach your aggressive dog how to respond calmly and appropriately in different situations.
- As one of our clients said after working with us, “The whole neighborhood is saying this is a different dog!”
Fearful dogs often display a number of behaviors that can be difficult to manage and can negatively affect their quality of life. Fortunately, there are a number of methods that can be used to help modify these behaviors.
- We use behavior modification techniques such as desensitization and counterconditioning to help fearful dogs become more confident and comfortable in their environment.
- With patience, consistency, love and effective positive methods, your fearful dog can learn how to cope with fear-inducing situations in a positive way!
Reactive dogs are dogs that exhibit behavior that is considered to be overly excitable or aggressive. This type of behavior can be caused by a variety of factors, such as genetics, environment, and health issues.
- However, with the right training, behavior modification and positive reinforcement techniques, reactive dogs can become calmer and more manageable.
- We teach your dog that good things happen when it behaves in a calm and controlled manner.
Dogs With Separation Anxiety
Separation anxiety is a fear-based behavior that is caused by a dog’s fear of being separated from its owner. It can manifest in various ways, such as excessive barking, chewing, drooling, whining, scratching, and urinating indoors.
- Exercise, mental stimulation, positive reinforcement, behavior modification and desensitizing techniques are the most effective methods to address this issue.
- With lots patience and consistency, many dogs can overcome their separation anxiety.
It’s Gratifying Work To Change Your Dog’s Behavior For The Good!
With over 20 Years experience we specialize in turning troubled dogs into calm, happy dogs. As one of our clients said, “We are finally starting to enjoy our dog!”
We love what we do: Changing “bad” behavior to great behavior! Put us to work for you!